Friday, December 2, 2011

Animated Films


Animated movies have been produced since regular films first started to be released. At first animated features were very short, only about five minutes long, and they were only to entertain people before an actual film started, kind of like a preview. This was in fact how Mickey Mouse was first introduced by Walt Disney. Mickey was first known as Steam Boat Willy, which later changed to the one and only Mickey Mouse. These types of animated films were directed more towards the younger age groups; however people of all ages could find these animated features enjoyable. The first American animated film was Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Since 1937 (when the Snow White film was released) thousands of other animated films have been made all over the world. Dumbo, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, the Sleeping Beauty, Shrek and Toy Story are just a few animated films that have become instant classics for children. Some animated movies have even been made in 3-D. Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, Cars 2 and Up are just a couple of movies that could been seen in 3-D. Animated movies continue to be produced and continue to entertain children everywhere. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animated movies are THE BEST. I love watching those silly movies. They are so much fun. Even though I am older now, I still like to feel like a little kid by watching those movies. Disney movies are the best animation movies by far in my opinion. I love animation movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animated movies are really cool!I have always thought that it was really cool how they made animated movies. I love some of the movies that you have listed above. When I was little I used to love watching the Disney princess movies!I really love animation movies, especially the ones my Disney!

    ReplyDelete